Template talk:Educational research Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:Educational_research
The methods listed are not educational methods, but rather social/educational research methods. I would replace/remove these, or at least be more specific about them being research methods. In fact, as all educational research methods are essentially the same as all social research methods in general, I see no use of having these specific methods listed here. Sda030 (talk) 15:26, 12 February 2022 (UTC)
I think this template does not work, for the following reasons, and I therefore propose it to be replace with the Template:Education on the 25 pages it has been used.
- It links to articles which does not primarily deal with issues of (educational) research. For instance, educational research has little to do with vocational education. Should all articles on Wikipedia contain a "Topic X research" on it because one could do research on it? This approach quickly becomes unweildy. In particular as educational research covers all aspects of education (a lot!).
- This template duplicates the Template:Education which is used on the same article, but the Educational research template has worse structure and is less exhaustive. Are the two mentioned ideas (Right to education and Free education) the central educational research topics? Absolutely not.
- Nor would it make sense to try to list them all. The box would in the end become bloated with at least the same topics as are currently listed in the Template:Education box.
- The research methods listed are not nearly exhaustive. In fact, all social and psychological research methods are available to the educational researchers. So it is much better to simply refer to Social research#Types of method, or perhaps consider making a better list/template of the methods listed in the linked Social research article.
- Edit: Having such a box stating "Research" might also fool the untrained young eye to believe that what is stated on the article is research, e.g. "good quality". Sda030 (talk) 15:33, 13 February 2022 (UTC)