|Persekutuan Pengakap Negara Brunei Darussalam|
|Headquarters||Persekutuan Pengakap Negara Brunei Darussalam, 4th Floor,Persekutuan Pengakap NBD Buildings Kompleks Pengakap, Jalan Gadong BE 1718 Negara Brunei Darussalam|
|Location||Bandar Seri Begawan|
|Country||Negara Brunei Darussalam|
|Chief Commissioner||Haji Awang Badar bin Haji Awang Ali|
|Affiliation||World Organization of the Scout Movement|
The Persekutuan Pengakap Negara Brunei Darussalam, the national Scouting organization of Brunei, was founded in 1933, and became a member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement in 1981. It began with 12 Scouts in 1933, in 1961 it had 322 Scouts, and by 2011 it rose to 2.086.
In January 1933, Chegu Marsal bin Maun, a teacher at Sekolah Melayu Jalan Pemancha, Pekan (Jalan Pemancha Malay School) formed a Scout troop with 12 boys. Chegu Awang Zaidi bin awang Taha, headmaster of the school, who was also the head of the Education Department became the Scoutmaster and Chegu Marsal bin Maun was the Assistant Scoutmaster. Thus began Scouting in Brunei.
The Brunei Scout Association was registered with The Boy Scout Association in London in 1939. It was then known as Persatuan Tempatan Negeri Brunei.
There were no English Medium schools in Brunei before 1940. So the boys who wished to study English were sent to the Government English School, in neighbouring Labuan. Most of these students joined the First Labuan Scout Troop of the school. The coronation of Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin took place on March 17, 1940. That was a great event in Brunei. The Mentri Besar Dato Hj. Ibrahim bin Mohd. Jaafar invited the First Labuan Scout Troop of the Government English School, to come and participate in the celebrations. So the Scouts with their Scoutmasters V.A. George and S.N. Nair came to Brunei, joined the celebrations and lined up along Jalan Sultan during the procession. It was a memorable occasion and all the Scouts were presented with souvenirs. After completing their studies at Labuan, the Scouts returned to their homeland. Their effort made the Brunei Scout Association grow.
The Government provided facilities to the Persatuan Tempatan Negeri Brunei at Jalan Sinuai, Kumbang Pasang in the capital Brunei Town (now Bandar Seri Begawan. This was the first State Scout headquarters. But this building was taken over by the security forces and they were there from December 12, 1962 to October 15, 1963. A new state Headquarters and camp site was built at km. 6, Jalan Gadong and the headquarters was moved to this place on January 27, 1971.
At the State Headquarters and campsite area in Jalan Gadong, a project to build a multipurpose complex with facilities for Scout Headquarters began in 1997 and was completed in 2000. The six-story Scout headquarters was used by Brunei Scout Association from 2001. It was officially opened in July 2005.
The Scout activities places emphasis on tolerance, respect for religious convictions and respect for others.
The Scout Motto is Selalu Bersedia, Be Prepared.
The highest rank is the Pengakap Sultan, Sultan Scout. The membership badge of the Persekutuan Pengakap Negara Brunei Darussalam incorporates the coat of arms of Brunei.
Following Overseas and State events as recorded in the Annual reports of the Scout Association.
The first cuboree was held from June 15 to June 19, 2008. It was attended by delegations from several countries.