Girl Guides Association of Thailand Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Guides_Association_of_Thailand
The Girl Guides Association of Thailand (GGAT) (Thai: สมาคมผู้บำเพ็ญประโยชน์แห่งประเทศไทย ในพระบรมราชินูปถัมภ์) is the national Guiding organization of Thailand. It served 28,030 members (as of 2003). Founded in 1957, the girls-only organization became a full member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 1963.
The association is divided in four sections according to age:
- Littlebirds – ages 4 to 6
- Bluebirds – ages 7 to 11
- Guides – ages 12 to 15
- Senior Guides – ages 16 to 20.
On my honour I promise:
- To do my duty to my country, my religion and the King;
- To help other people at all times;
- To obey the Guide Law.
- A Guide's honour is to be trusted.
- A Guide is loyal.
- A Guide's duty is to be useful and to help others.
- A Guide is a friend to all and a sister to every other Guide.
- A Guide is courteous.
- A Guide is a friend to animals.
- A Guide obeys orders.
- A Guide smiles and sings under all difficulties.
- A Guide is thrifty.
- A Guide is pure in thought, word and deed.
- ^ "Welcome". The Girl Guides Association of Thailand.